This is an excellent opportunity for histopathologists with significant NHS looking to develop their careers further as senior consultants or into clinical leadership.
As such this position requires individuals to have either UK consultant experience, or extensive very senior experience overseas in a Healthcare System with similar working mechanisms to the NHS.
The current cellular pathology service aspires to provide an integrated service contributing to all aspects of diagnosis, screening and monitoring of disease.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic and expanding team keen to deliver a modern clinically orientated service and appointing to this post will be a milestone in the progressive transition of this cellular pathology service.
Working with a recently forged Pathology Network formed from two large hospital trusts - this is a fantastic time to join the department.
Key highlights are:
- the department has recently taken on two laboratories - creating opportunities across the board for real talent to thrive and take ownership of their particular areas of interest
- the department is moving towards full digitalisation
- state of the art and modern building and laboratories
- very inclusive and friendly team from the top down. The CD is one of the friendliest individuals you will meet
- This is a top pathology organisation working with an excellent cancer centre
The laboratory is approved by the IBMS as a training laboratory for pre-registration and specialist training in Cellular Pathology.
The department has full UKAS/ISO accreditation. The Department is HTA compliant and HFEA accredited and takes part in benchmarking exercises.
WORKLOAD & STATISTICS:
The current annual workload fo the Trust and its associated General Practitioners is approximately 37,000 histology requests, 4400 non-gynaecological cytology and approximately 1100 coronial autopsies. More than 90% of all histology and non-gynaecological cytology requests are from the secondary care setting.
One of the hospitals two sites is the main regional centre for gynaecological cytology screening and receives approximately 176,000 requests per annum, predominantly from primary care.
If you are intrigued to find out more please apply.
NHS experience or excellent senior experience in other healthcare systems is a pre-requisite for this position.