Looking for either UK based or experienced overseas histopathologists with relevant reporting experience - this role can be offered on either a locum (fixed-term) contract or as a substantive role with AAC panel interview. Consultants looking to complete their CESR in the next 6-12 months can be accommodated in particuarl - dependent on experience.
All in all this is an excellent opportunity for any histopathologists with or without NHS experience to develop either specific clinical interests or leadership & management skills.
Experience working with either UK, US, Canadian or EU reporting systems will lend itself particularly well to this opportunity.
An exciting Royal College approved consultant role to be part of a growing & diverse department at a moment of growth for this NHS Pathology group.
This consultant post offers a 10PA, forty hours per week contract, with additional hours and remuneration available for those that want it. Consultants with special interest in gynecology, upper and lower GI, dermatopathology, urology, breast and head & neck are of particular interest however consultants with different special interests can also be accommodated.
Consultants are required to fill new posts created across two of the group's main sites - joining diverse and high performing consultant teams in a moment of exciting expansion for the group.
Existing teams are diverse and made up of consultants from the UK, Spain, France, South Africa, India and the Middle East. Management and clinical staff work hard to engender an empowering and supportive work environment, and the Trust consistently scores 'Good' in their annual CQC report.
Key Benefits to this Role
This is one of the UK's highest peforming laboratories with and part of regional cancer centre. Key highlights to this role include:
- State of the art facilities set in a modern building & laboratories
- Inclusive, friendly and supporting team from the top down. The Clinical Director is one of the friendliest individuals you will meet!
- Scope for development in teaching, leadership and opportunity for ownership and development in numerous sub-specialties
- The service is part digitalized - with full digitalization due within the next 12-months.
- The trust reports using a Royal College approved reporting and time management system - ensuring å fair workload across the team.
- A fully flexible work-life balance - with an outcome based reporting system empowering the pathologist to manage workload independently.
- The trust is a research-active University Hospital with a developed culture of research and innovation across the whole organization.
- Extra rumination is available via additional reporting and out of hours work, autopsies and additional teaching duties that can be offered on request.
The laboratory is approved by the IBMS as a training laboratory for pre-registration and specialist training in Cellular Pathology.
The department has full UKAS/ISO accreditation. The Department is HTA compliant and HFEA accredited and takes part in benchmarking exercises.
Caseload and Performance
The current annual workload fo the Trust and its associated General Practitioners is approximately 37,000 histology requests, 4400 non-gynaecological cytology and approximately 1100 coronial autopsies. More than 90% of all histology and non-gynaecological cytology requests are from the secondary care setting.
One of the hospitals two sites is the main regional centre for gynaecological cytology screening and receives approximately 176,000 requests per annum, predominantly from primary care.
NHS experience or excellent senior experience in other healthcare systems is a pre-requisite for this position.
Informal conversations via video call before interview panel and offer. A quick and smooth interview process can be expected for candidates who meet the criteria.
Am I eligible for this post?
Any consultant, young or experienced, can be considered for a role with this leading institution.
If you have qualified overseas and have extensive experience in South Africa, Canada, USA or European healthcare systems but are unclear on your eligibility for this role, or for GMC registration - then please reach out and one of our expert team will discuss with you.
Of course, UK based trainees looking for either a new exciting substantive role OR a new role whilst they put the finishing touches to their CESR application should also get in touch.