Applicants for both pure breast radiology or breast and general radiology (or another subspecialty) are encouraged to apply.
Ideally, the applicant will be trained in screening, individuals with symptomatic breast training only will be considered. If the applicant wishes to train in screening this would also be supported by the Trust.
General Radiology duties will be based in the main department at one site, while sessions in breast imaging are located in a seperate site within the larger complex.
42,225 women were invited for screening in 2017/18 with an uptake of 78.9% and the very successful High Risk MR breast screening service was implemented in 2014.
Symptomatic breast imaging services are provided by the breast imaging team independently and the symptomatic service receives approximately 4500 referrals per year. All these referrals are seen in a one stop clinic with surgical and imaging assessment in the same visit.
You will be part of a team that includes the following:
- Four committed and enthusiastic breast radiologists based in the trust, forming an essential part of the localities Breast Screening Service.
- Two advanced radiographic practitioners will also support performing stereotactic biopsy and wire placement
- Four film reading radiographers providing screen reading.
- The clinics are well supported by specialist breast care nurses.
Equipment & Facilities:
Equipment is as the following:
- They have a fully digital service having 1 brand new GE Pristina mammography unit with DBT, CESM and 2D biopsy.
- There is a further Philips L30 with Diagnostic Scan mammography unit.
- There are 2 breast ultrasound rooms with voice recognition reporting equipped with new Canon Aplio machines.
- Vacuum assisted Encore biopsy is available in addition to standard 14G.
- MRI services are housed in a new diagnostic imaging centre adjacent to Gainsborough Wing.
- New breast coils and software are installed.
- Multi-disciplinary breast care meetings are held in the unit’s dedicated MDT room.
- The unit enjoys excellent working relationships with our colleagues in breast surgery, oncology and nursing care.
Requirements for this position are the following:
- FRCR or equivalent
- Unfortunately no PLAB candidates will be considered unless exceptional circumstances
- IETLS or OET and eligibility for GMC registration
- Extension experience trained in breast screening, whilst individuals with symptomatic breast training only will be considered
The trust will fully support training, development, CESR applications and is particularly welcoming to overseas candidates, though of course UK applicants with NHS experience will be warmly received too!