You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
An excellent opportunity for a consultant dermatologist to join a large integrated care provider in North East England. The trust is high performing with a strong track record of supporting new appointees with career development.
Applications are welcomed from international candidates.
The Trust is based on two acute sites with most acute medical services and specialties duplicated on each site.
The service is looking to appoint an experienced Consultant Dermatologist who will further develop the services.
The team consists of experienced Consultant Dermatologists, supported by Senior Associate Specialists in Dermatology, Specialty Doctors in Dermatology, GPs with a Special Interest in Dermatology and a team of highly skilled nurses. We are one of three recognised training departments in the North East for Dermatology Specialists.
Research and other specialist interests are welcomed and encouraged.
The service provides diagnosis, investigations and treatments for a wide range of dermatological conditions.
Treatments provided include:
- Dermatological surgery for skin cancer
- Oral PUVA, bath PUVA, hand and foot PUVA and NBUVB therapy
- Dermajet treatment for alopecia areata
- Diphencyperone treatment for alopecia areata
- Supervised outpatient topical treatments
- Cosmetic camouflage clinics
- Nurse-led paediatric dermatology clinics
- Community-based iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis
- Community-based photodynamic therapy for some pre-cancerous lesions
- Consultant-led paediatric dermatology clinics
You can be in the countryside in less than ten minutes from all major towns and cities in the area, with some of the most stunning scenery and outdoor space in the country.
There is a strong sporting and cultural heritage in the north east, so no matter what your interests are, there is something here for you to explore. For families, you will have access to fantastic school and academic institutions as well as very affordable properties.
The region is also known to be friendly, relaxed and welcoming.
Requirements for the post:
UK based applicants:
- Hold CCT, or within 6 months of completing CESR
- Specialist diploma in dermatology
- Consultant experience in dermatology