Job DescriptionThis post is a permanent, full-time 10PA post and perfect for UK based consultants either not yet on the specialist register, looking to complete CESR having qualified overseas, or those looking for a new challenge.
The opportunity has arisen due to the retirement and the appointee will form part of a team of four Haematology Consultants, 1 Specialist Registrar, 2 CMT doctors, 1 Advanced Nurse Practitioner, and 2 band 8a clinical nurse specialists.
This is a friendly hospital with good links between specialties and divisions. The Haematology service is closely integrated with other services throughout the trust
Clinical Interests & Job Duties:
Subspecialty interests can be considered at appointment.
The duties of the post will include:
- participation in the haematology rota on a 1:4 basis.
- Weekend on calls are shared on a partial basis with neighbouring trust and include a 1:4 Saturday am ward round.
- All types of clinical haematological problems are managed, but BMT and Haemophilia are dealt with at the regional centre at a different trust.
- The haematology laboratory is linked to the Haemato-Oncology Diagnostic Service at a neighbouring site.
- The post is intended as full-time (10 PAs 8.0 DCC, 1.5 of SPA, 0.5 of Trust SPA).
- A nominated mentor will be available for the new appointee.
The Heamatology Department:
The haematology service is a designated level 2B unit treating patients with higher intensity chemotherapy with an active day ward and fully side room inpatient unit. They have a bespoke electronic prescribing system and the trust has digital exemplar status.
Outpatient clinics are supported by both pharmacy and nurse led clinics with both face to face and virtual telephone clinics.
The successful candidate will have appropriate office space, with IT and all required equipment. Secretarial support will be provided through the shared pool of haematology medical secretaries
Requirements for the post:
To be considered for this post you must have the following:
- FRCPath in Haematology
- MRCP UK
- CCT / CESR or eligible for specialist registration
- Significant experience in both lab baed and clinical haematology
- UK experience in desirable