Opportunities available for senior physicians with experience in geriatrics, elderly care and / or frailty - either UK based experienced or overseas.
The department will be fully supportive of consultants that wish to pursue the CESR route to specialist registration, dependent on experience in the field.
If successful you will join a friendly team of 12 Consultant Geriatricians providing Acute Frailty & General Medicine expertise; as well as supporting a dedicated Frailty ward which prides itself on providing high quality care for patients, relatives and carers, front door ED assessment for frailty and AMU support for frailty.
There is a potential for joining a 1 in 12 Acute Frailty on call rota (selected take for Frailty only).
Recent developments in services offered by the Elderly Care Department have included:
- successful 7 day Acute Frailty Pathway
- a brand new 23 bedded Acute Frailty Unit fully staffed by a Multidisciplinary Team.
- developing hot clinics / Ambulatory Care for frail individuals.
The post holder will join a Frailty team offering acute medical services to a catchment population of approximately 400,000.
The position is for 10 PAs with responsibility for:
- inpatient workload
- developing and contributing to sub-speciality clinics / pathways
- contributing to running and the development of Frailty Hubs in the community
- potential out of hours / weekend Acute Frailty On-Call cover (this can be discussed prior to or after joining)
The department is a well equipped unit with excellent professional and academic facilities.
There are some outstanding schools within the area, two major London airports within reach and London is available within less of an hour on the train with excellent shopping and cultural facilities locally too.
Requirements for this position are the following;
- MRCP UK
- SCE Geriatrics or Acute desirable
- Significant experience in GIM and Elderly Care
Additionally a commitment to education and training or other evidence of academic achievement will be an advantage, whilst the trust is willing to be flexible and cater for requested for full times hours over less than five days.
Senior candidates wishing to attain CESR for Specialist Registration in Geriatrics Medicine will be fully supported by the trust.