Medical & Clinical Oncology consultants looking to start or continue their careers in the NHS are invited to join excellent, large specialised hospital Trust on the South Coast of England. CESR candidates either completed or in process are invited to apply whilst candidates on the specialist will be warmly received of course. The Specialist Oncology Centre is based onsite and provides Cancer services to the local population in addition to parts of Sussex (Chichester) and the Isle of Wight. It is a friendly and integrated Centre, with enhanced treatment and facilities, nursing and pharmacy roles and encourages research and innovation.
They are looking to appoint both a clinical and medical oncologist and they can offer either permanent consultant roles or locum consultant roles with support for CESR depending on whether you are recognised as a specialist in the UK already. Additionally, these roles can cater for your cancer site interests amongst their most needed areas that include breast, brain tumour, colon, lung, head and neck and CNS.
The area combines the advantages of city life with rural villages and seaside towns, whilst the city centre itself is a thriving naval city, steeped in history, on the beautiful South Coast. It is ninety minutes from central London and has good transport links by ferry and airplane into Europe. Water sports facilities are excellent with access to the channel and sandy beaches are within easy reach. Inland is the spectacular and relatively unspoilt countryside of rural Hampshire, and the South Downs National Park.
FRCR or equivalent for clinical oncologists
MRCP or equivalent for medical oncologists
CCT or Specialist Registration eligibility
Extensive experience as an oncologist with interests in either of CNS, breast, brain tumour, colorectal, lung, head & neck and CNS.
Length of contract:
Either permanent or 24-month fixed term (subject to be renewed)
Queen Alexandra is a great hospital to work in, below are some of several key benefits to working at QEH Porstmouth and their Oncology Centre.
- Attractive salary and relocation package
- Training and development opportunities within your areas of preference
- Th centre acts as one the major cancer hubs on the South Coast of England and has established, high performing services
- CESR support for those eligible and requiring it
- Tier 2 Health and Care Visa (sponsorship for the whole family)
- Guidance regarding the CV and full interview preparation
- Assistance regarding the GMC registration, visa, accommodation and transportation by an experienced onboarding specialist
- Complete IMG Relocation service from start to finish of process
- New service for SABR for primary lung cancer and oligometastatic disease will be up and running in the early part of 2021.
- established brachytherapy program for both prostate cancer and gynaecological treatments, and laparoscopic and robotic surgery programmes are well developed. Both urology and gynaecology teams are a research active with a broad portfolio of clinical studies and strong track record of recruitment to clinical trials
Any Oncology Specialists with interest in breast, brain tumour, colon, lung, head and neck and CNS cancers are strongly invited to apply. CESR will be supported where needed and the trust will nurture your career and professional development goals.