Are you an Emergency Medicine (ED) registrar or specialty doctor with NHS experience and a desire to further your career in the NHS? This might be the opportunity for you.
Rated Outstanding in the most recent CQC, UK based Emergency Medicine specialists with MRCEM and aspirations to work as a consultants in ED are invited to apply for a role with this high performing NHS Trust.
Those highly motivated individuals should apply for these Digital Education Fellow posts (can be OOPT / E or standalone) at ST4-6 Level equivalent in Emergency Medicine.
Requirements for the post of Clinical Fellow in Emergency Medicine are the following:
Experience in Emergency Medicine at ST4+ grade
GMC registration current or expired
High performing Emergency Medicine department based in the South West of England and one of the busiest in the country. Reflecting a bustling city life - the attendance are of high acuity and offering a broad spectrum of cases and major traum. The team are well managed and friendly, a quote from the CQC report stating:
"Teamwork in the A&E department was exceptional. Staff at all levels were committed, motivated and engaged. They worked very well with each other across all job roles and staff grades. They were cohesive and demonstrated excellent teamwork within their department and with other departments"
These posts are Royal College of Emergency Medicine Approved for both learning and Digital Learning. The trust has recently been appointed a Global Digital Exemplar.
Trust scored Outstanding in it’s current CQC Report - with the A&E one of the few UK departments scoring ‘Outstanding’.
Teaching and research responsibilities are available and last year the Emergency Department won a BMJ award, HSJ award and was recognised in two categories in the RCEM awards. This really is a fantastic opportunity for any UK based emergency physician - whether a UK trainee or recent IMG with their first UK experience.
The Location & Region
Based in the South West of England in one of the UK’s busiest and coolest cities. Green space, thriving local economies, low cost of housing and cost of living - this region can also offer life in a rural setting to those who want it.
The Benefits to this Role
- You would be joining a well-balanced, friendly and supportive team with an incredible diverse team ethic and training.
- Opportunity to learn and develop alongside some of the most respected Emergency Medicine Physicians in the UK
- Working in one of the highest performing A&E departments in the UK
- Strictly protected time for teaching and development of all grades of staff
- High percentage of applicants move into Specialty Training ST4+ posts or complete their CESR employed by the trust.
- Clear consultant pathway for ED middle grades
- Excellent location and city - highly recommended for anyone
- The posts include 80% time working in the adult emergency department and 20% paid time to work as a Digital Education Fellow with RCEMLearning.
- Successful applicants will have a postgraduate qualification in education funded to a maximum of £4,000
- Education support, computer and office facilities will be provided along with a study budget
Am I eligible for this post?
Applicants should preferably hold MRCEM though some experienced candidates with MRCP, MRCS, FRCA can be considered. Four years post graduation experience with at least six months UK experience is required.
If you are an experienced emergency medicine specialist based in the UK and looking to further your experience - then get in touch today!