UK based CCT consultants or experienced overseas histopathologists completed or part-completed CESR can be considered for these fantastic opportunities in one of the UK's fastest growing NHS laboratories.
Opportunity is there for growth into leadership, clinical specialism and teaching roles to attract top talent across the world.
All positions are offered on a 10PA, forty hours per week contract, and consultants with special interest in gynecology, upper and lower GI, dermatopathology, urology, breast and head & neck are of particular interest.
Please note however - experienced consultants with different special interests can be accommodated.
You will be expected to report on a range of specimens but to develop in three areas of particular interest. There is also scope for much teaching experience.
Both overseas & UK trained consultants can be considered - whilst familiarization with UK, US or Canadian reporting systems is essential, even if by proxy via experience in a different country to the above.
Qualifications held should be FRCPath or an overseas equivalent and candidates must be comfortable with high volume caseload.
Comprised of a team of 12 current histopathology consultants, this is a moment of huge growth for the Trust as they look to incorporate another laboratory.
The team contains consultants with diverse experience & training from the UK, Spain, France, South Africa, India and the Middle East. Management and clinical staff work hard to engender an empowering and supportive work environment.
The laboratory is approved by the IBMS as a training laboratory for pre-registration and specialist training in Cellular Pathology.
The department has full UKAS/ISO accreditation. The Department is HTA compliant and HFEA accredited and takes part in benchmarking exercises.
The Location & Region
The Hospital is a city located in the midlands with great access to the North Westerly cities, Birmingham and the rest of the UK with its excellent national transport connections.
The local region is beautiful, not far from some of the UK’s most beautiful and dramatic countryside with nature, fresh air and wildlife being the cornerstone of this beautiful part of the UK. Having said that, the area is well developed with two cities and several towns offering a feasible location for individuals to set up home.
The Benefits to this Role
- You would be joining a well-balanced, friendly and supportive team with an incredible diverse team ethic and training.
- The laboratory is expanding and will be merging with another laboratory in the coming year. This is an incredibly exciting moment to join - providing much opportunity to anyone keen to take on new challenges - both clinical and managerial.
- The service is part digitalized - with full digitalization due within the next 12-months.
- The trust reports using a Royal College approved reporting and time management system - ensuring å fair workload across the team.
- A fully flexible work-life balance - with an outcome based reporting system empowering the pathologist to manage workload independently.
- The trust is a research-active University Hospital with a developed culture of research and innovation across the whole organization.
- Extra rumination is available via additional reporting and out of hours work, autopsies and additional teaching duties that can be offered on request.
Am I eligible for this post?
Any consultant, young or experienced, can be considered for a role with this leading institution.
If you have qualified overseas and have extensive experience in South Africa, Canada, USA or European healthcare systems but are unclear on your eligibility for this role, or for GMC registration - then please reach out and one of our expert team will discuss with you.
Of course, UK based trainees looking for either a new exciting substantive role OR a new role whilst they put the finishing touches to their CESR application should also get in touch.