Job DescriptionOpportunity for either UK based or International Histopathology consultants to work in the NHS. The post is based in a purpose-built, fully UKAS-accredited laboratory in the East Midlands. The appointee will support and participate fully in the diagnostic, screening, teaching and administrative responsibilities of the department.
The existing consultants have a generalist commitment and have developed special interests in line with the Trust’s MDT commitments, and it is anticipated that the new appointee, whilst maintaining generalist commitments, will equally bring or develop their own special interests. It is expected their interests can be flexibly integrated with those of the existing consultants.
You will be joining a team with the following staff numbers:
- 5 substantive consultant Cellular Pathologists
- 4 consultants in haematology
- 2 consultants in microbiology
The department has the following:
- fully computerised with a laboratory-wide system (ACT APEX)
- each consultant has use of a personal computer linked to the pathology and hospital networks.
- uses the SNOMED classification system.
- macro photography facilities in cut-up
- a well-stocked library of contemporary bench books and journals is present in the department. the department also subscribes to the American Journal of Surgical Pathology
- FRCPath in Histopathology
- Extensive experience in Histology and/or Cytology
- Eligibility for GMC registration